We are seeking a part time researcher to help with Security Planner projects, partnerships, research, and promotion. This is a four-month remote consulting opportunity (with potential for extension) for a seasoned researcher who cares about digital privacy and security for everyday users. Time commitment is estimated at 10-15 hours per week. We pay $70/hour.
Scope: You will be supporting Security Planner, an online guide to staying safe online, in collaboration with our Program Manager and Director of Impact Partnerships.
- Audit current content and links and make recommendations for updates
- Help incorporate recommendations from our UX design team and content/design agency
- Assist with training and webinar curriculum and execution
- Brainstorm and collaborate on future privacy or security reports and research
- Assist with ongoing Security Planner projects and partnerships
- Collaborate on newsletters and two-way communications
- Participate in promotion efforts to expand the reach of the Security Planner brand
- Knowledge of the privacy and security space
- Experience in research, writing, and editing in the digital privacy/security space
- Solid understanding of consumer-facing security and UX best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate on shared goals
- Bonus points for marketing/promotion experience
Interested applicants should get in touch, explain their interest and qualifications and attach a resume or CV (Websites or portfolio pages are also welcome). To apply or request more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Security Planner: Security Planner is a free, easy-to-use guide to staying safer online. It provides personalized recommendations and expert advice on topics such as keeping social media accounts from being hacked, locking down devices ranging from smartphones to home security cameras, and reducing intrusive tracking by websites.
About CR: Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works with consumers to create more fairness, safety, and transparency in the marketplace. We don’t run third-party ads, and no company will ever exercise influence over our recommendations of products or services.