We’re looking for an impact-minded product manager to help us grow Permission Slip, a mobile app that helps users take back control of the data companies have about them. In this consulting assignment, you will help us realize Permission Slip’s potential by collaborating on a best-in-class product that advocates for consumers, increases the public’s awareness of how technology works, and enhances our collective privacy and power.
This assignment will involve running day-to-day product operations for the Permission Slip team for 4-6 months, helping us meet ambitious growth and engagement goals. You’ll learn a lot about product innovation at non-profit enterprises, and work with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional colleagues to bring great product experiences to life.
What you will do:
- Coordinate engineering, design, marketing and user research to deliver on a redesigned home screen experience in Permission Slip.
- Revisit Permission Slip’s user onboarding flow to reduce drop-off rates.
- Propose and help implement a strategy that promotes adoption of Permission Slip and regular engagement with the app. Growth levers could include push notifications, automatic requests to data brokers, and more.
- Liaise with and provide feedback for external vendors and contractors, helping the team deliver high quality work and make deadlines.
- Help shepherd new releases and coordinate QA on new versions of the app to ensure high-quality experiences for Permission Slip users.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions for Permission Slip and help shape the app’s future direction.
- You have at least two years of experience in software product development or early stage technology companies. While you do not need to have previous experience as a product manager specifically, you should have demonstrated success in driving consumer-facing software to completion.
- You care about users and are always looking for ways to enhance and improve their product experiences.
- You are data-driven with a strong focus on defining and building towards clear success metrics.
- You have experience designing, building, and shipping excellent products.
- You have led cross-functional teams to achieve key product objectives.
- You’re a master communicator, skilled at articulating a clear vision, motivating teams, and navigating organizations to bring ideas to life.
- You bring a passion for privacy, digital rights, responsible technology, or human-centered design.
If this sounds like you, drop a note and your resume to email@example.com. In your email, let us know what you think of Permission Slip and why you believe you’d be a good fit for this position.